There IS a light at the end of this particular tunnel and we’re beginning to see it. Okay, first the good news..and a lot of it is REALLY good
- No more air leaks. Jerry had surgery again yesterday to put in an additional chest tube put in, hoping it would address the air leak. And either we were turning a corner anyway or it did the trick. Unless things take a weird turn, all three chest tubes will be clamped later on today and removed tomorrow morning.
- Speech therapist has been in again and Jerry is cleared for ice chips whenever he wants them and yogurt under supervision. We’re on our way back to New York Strip steak and baked potatoes.
- IF the Coumadin kicks in, we might actually get out of here and go to rehab tomorrow. Big if, but we’re planning on it happening.
- Four new babies this morning, including our friend, Lisa’s, baby boy, Keighen. Welcome to the world, Keighen. Lucky you…you’re joining a beautiful family.
- Jerry is walking more and more without getting tired. And I’ve learned how to unplug all his tubes and walk him so we don’t have to wait until Ivan, the walker, comes around. Ivan says they should hire me to help him out. He has 36 people to walk today…multiple times if possible. I’d help out if they’d let me but I imagine there’s liability issues. And I’m not the best walker. I get distracted and run Jerry’s IV pole into his heels or into the wall.
- We continue to play gin rummy and (drum roll) I’m winning. I never win so I am in a very good mood at the moment. And Jerry isn’t whining about it. Actually he’s not whining about anything..
There isn’t any bad news except
- Donald Trump is still President.
- We haven’t won the lottery or anything
But it as I said, life is good and we are so grateful.
Except I’m not so humble when I win at cards!!!