- Jerry is out of ICU.
- Most of the drainage tubes are out
- He’s getting good nutrition through a feeding tube (problems still with swallowing)
- He’s up and walking around several times a day
- His a-fib seems to be getting under control.
- doesnt need oxygen any more.
- The surgery itself went perfectly
- His room is big and beautiful.
- Erin has been a breath of fresh air and saved my life and my sanity
- Sean is coming tomorrow
- I got my hair cut just before all this began and so even if I look like I’ve been hit by a truck, my hair looks great.
Bad things??? I’ll keep the list very short
1. Swallowing issues are a huge concern. Working on that
2. Every decision made takes forever and they second guess each other and once they do decide on a course of action it takes another six to ten hours to actually do anything.
3 My back is killing me (it is all about me, right?) and before you say anything, I AM taking care of myself …chiropractor, icing it, walking, yoga in the hospital room)
Finally, one last purely good and beautiful thing. Ever since we got here ten days ago, every once in awhile we’d here Brahms Lulaby. I assumed it was someone’s ringtone. Erin commented that whoever it was, she was everywhere. We heard it in the ICU, the surgical waiting room, and on the seventh floor. Nope, it’s not a ring tone. When a baby is born here, the music is sent through the entire hospital. If it goes through the sequence twice without stopping, it’s twins. (Yesterday). How absolutely wonderful. My eyes fill up every time I hear it. Two babies already this morning.
Be well. You are all much loved.