Well I can’t say they didn’t warn me. The last week of treatment and the following week are supposedly the roughest weeks, even for people like me who have been sailing through everything. Bet it’s to keep me humble, to remind me not to be so smug, and to give me a taste of what some people go through from the get go. Can’t swallow too well, nauseated, vomiting, weak (I did make the stairs at the proton center but just barely). It’s kind of what I had expected throughout ALL my treatment.
Good thing I did most of the packing already. Jerry may have to do the rest and load the car. Or. MAYBE I’ll make a comeback on the next few days and will go back to feeling “perky” by this afternoon . I plan on napping during chemo today, that’s for sure.
I need to look good even if I don’t feel good. Cancerwise is publishing another blog post…the one about what did I do that caused all this. They want more too and they want their photographer to shoot some photos before chemo. (I should have just given them the ones Deirdre shot ). Anyway I put on my makeup this morning, ruined it throwing up, and with with tears and snots (aren’t you glad you’re reading this?) said screw it and rushed out to 6:00am proton. I should have brought my makeup bag with me…just didn’t think of it because we were running late. I do have a lipstick and I do have a sweater (stolen from Erin) that makes me look hot. Maybe people will look at my boobs and tiny waist and forget the bags under my eyes (that they will hopefully photoshop right out)
Enough whining. Things that have gone right today…
1. Even in the midst of wicked fog at 5:30 am and a car going the wrong way on the ramp to the freeway, we did NOT have an accident on the way to Proton.
2. The nurse who took my blood this morning was funny and fun to gab with.
3. I’m in my favorite place at Anderson (the Park) soaking in the beauty of it all.
4. With the exception of makeup, I think we remembered everything for chemo (blanket, iPod, iPhone, iPad, laptop, Kindle) We always come prepared to live here indefinitely.
5. Jerry is still fine I’ve told him that every ache, every pain, every cold, every thought he ever had about breaking an arm or leg needs to be put on hold until I’m well…and then I swear I will wait on him hand and foot for the rest of my life.
Happy Monday. Love the quote at the top. The one on the left here is perfect for today. The one on the right reminds me not to call myself a lazy bum who lives on the couch and doesn’t lift a finger to help anyone. I try to say very nice things to myself all day long. I am my own personal cheerleader 99% of the time. For the other 1% I need everyone else.